Monday, October 4, 2010

is it already october...

wow, time has really flown by (or disappeared in my case). it's already october and before I know it, december will be here and then it would really be, where has the year gone by. I've had a chance to reflect back on the year so far (too many hours to spare on the plane lately) and realized that I haven't done much... of anything.
  • from a work perspective, tried to get away from it in the beginning of the year (and succeeded for a short while), but now right back where i was.
  • on a personal front, was hoping to lose some weight and get back into shape, well I've managed to do the opposite. I've gained instead!!!
  • as for the scrapping front, well at least I'm drowning and dreaming in gorgeous and yummy scrapbook goodies. what more can a scrapper ask for right? (although my wallet might not feel the same way). LOL!


speaking of which, I did manage to get one more layout done before all my trips... and using up the lovely studio calico september kit (need to make way for the yummy october kit - more details on the studio calico site).

Photobucket

although I said that "sometimes I wonder where life will take me", I think I really meant to say "I always wonder where life will take me"... lol! Its realy funny when I look back, I never thought I would be doing what I am now (considering that I majored in chemical engineering and was working in a chemical factory when I first started out). And most of all, married too lol. My friends always said that I would be the last to get married or maybe never as I just enjoyed my single life too much. I don't think any of us ever thought... **wink** ...well, those were some of the things that was going through my mind as I was creating this layout.

Photobucket

and have you seen this chipboard frames from maya road - I think its from their latest release - its absolutely gorgeous and so verstile. here I used them just as is - love the raw look against the colorful background/pattern papers. and also what better way to frame the pops of color (red) that I added to the page. if you haven't tried using the chipboard as is - would truly recommend, you'll be addicted.... and more close ups.

Photobucket

Photobucket
supplies used are from studio calico september main kit.

thanks for stopping by!!!
ps. brought a ton of goodies back from bangkok, do check back on the weekend for more details.

6 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous - love what you did with the kit - I have to use mine -they are stacking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pic & nice reflective journalling to go with it!

    I have to unearth those frames -never know how to put them to use!

    trust you to lug back a tonne from BKK!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing page! Those raw frames look so awesome with the red paper inside! *w*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those raw frames too! I have too many ideas and not enough time. That work thing does get in the way. Hope things swing a direction you want sooner than later! Fantastic page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful LO piradee... love the layerings...

    ReplyDelete