Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crate Paper + Lion Dance = CNY!

A very happy Chinese New Year everyone and wishing you the very best and prosperous year! For my Made With Love assignment this month, we were asked to create a project celebrating CNY and what better  topic for me than to capture the moments of the lion dance...

Photobucket

At first, I wasn't sure what papers I would use for this project and especially where I would be able to find CNY related ones; until I realized that valentine collections are actually perfect for this topic - as long there's a bit of red, then why not.   So getting out Crate Paper - Paper Heart collection, I got to work creating this layout; focusing on the main color red with pops of yellow and turquoise.

Photobucket

Also I couldn't resist adding some mist to the layout, to contrast against the colors and also add a bit of character to the white space...

Photobucket

And lastly, to add a bit more dimensions to the layout I also curled up the ends of some of the pattern papers...

Photobucket

Thanks everyone for stopping by and wishing you all a very HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Great page! love how clean it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really lovely. can really feel the joy coming through here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy chinese new year to u too! Very pretty LO! And the red totally reminds me of ang baos. For a moment when i saw the word "singapore", i thought i was national day though. haha...

    ReplyDelete